We are so blessed to be able to follow on the good works of these wonderful men of God, true saints of Christianity which have come before us. We are blessed more than at any time in history to have such a wealth of information available to read and learn from.
I’ve found the resources/books listed below to be helpful to me and predominantly free of false teachings, but please note that I do not completely agree with or endorse all content in these resources. Discernment must be used when reading, recommending, and using any non-inspired resources written by man (including mine!).
There are many, many wonderful resources out there available for us today, but I’ve only included resources that I can vouch for personally as ones which will not lead you astray.
As mentioned in the “choosing a Bible” section, be especially wary of all commentaries, study bible notes and even the headings in your Bible added by man (the ones inserted in between chapters/sections in the Bible by the publishers). These are simply words of man and not inspired.
Any area dealing with eschatology (end-times) that have been published after the late 1800’s (with very few exceptions) are infected and corrupted badly with the “earthly millennium” false teaching (dispensational premillennialism). This note even applies to study bible notes in the area related to eschatology (e.g. first popularized with the Scofield Study Bible, among others).
Note that some of these books are out of print now and may be somewhat difficult to find. I do recommend also that read the edition of the book printed closest to the original author’s first date of printing as possible, as newer revisions offers an opportunity for editors and publishers to twist/distort the writer’s original content by introducing false doctrines/false teachings that match the editors/publishers’ viewpoints, which were not the original author’s.
- The Message of Truth (the book this website is based on), by R. John Anderson
- Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan
- Matthew Henry Commentary (Exposition) on the Bible, by Matthew Henry, 1706-1710
- A New Testament Commentary, by Wayne Jackson
- The Prophets, An Old Testament Commentary by Wayne Jackson
- The Acts of the Apostles, by Wayne Jackson
- Jesus Christ The Master Teacher, by Wayne Jackson
- Beyond the Tomb, by H. M. Riggle
- The Sabbath and the Lord’s Day, by H. M. Riggle
- The New Answers Books (1-4), by Answers in Genesis
- The Bible on Trial, by Wayne Jackson
- The Bible and Science, by Wayne Jackson
- The Parables in Profile, by Wayne Jackson
- The Human Body, Accident or Design, by Wayne Jackson
- Science Speaks, by Peter W. Stoner
- Biblical Figures of Speech, by Wayne Jackson
- Why Did My Savior Have To Die?, by Wayne Jackson
- The Church of Christ, A Biblical Ecclesiology for Today, by Everett Ferguson
- Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis
- The Momentous Event, by W. J. Grier
- Christ’s Triumphal Reign, by H. M. Riggle
- Premillenialism, A System of Infidelity, by Wayne Jackson
- Bible Words and Theological Terms Made Easy, by Wayne Jackson
- The Kingdom of God, by H. M. Riggle
- Christ’s Second Coming and What Will Follow, by H. M. Riggle
- Jesus Is Coming Again, by H. M. Riggle
- Foxe’s Book of Martyrs (The Actes and Monuments), by John Foxe, 1563 (English version).
- The Screwtape Letters, by C. S. Lewis
- Creation, Evolution and the Age of the Earth, by Wayne Jackson
- Revelation, by Wayne Jackson
- Select Studies from the Book of Revelation, by Wayne Jackson
- The Jewish War, by Titus Flavius Josephus
- Antiquities of the Jews, by Titus Flavius Josephus
- The Church History, by Eusebius of Caesarea
- The Christian Church, It’s Rise and Progress, H. M. Riggle
[note: This is the site by Wayne and Jason Jackson, whom I believe have the most biblically accurate teachings available today, not infected with the many false doctrines popular today. Jason in particular has been helpful in helping me review and prepare “The Truth”]
The following two sites are ONLY recommended for their scientific content, NOT Christian doctrine!